Organic Pumpkin Seeds
Schalk Mühle‘s Organic Pumpkin Seeds are delicious AND nutritious! These fresh and crispy pumpkin seeds are quite different from other pumpkin seed products. Styrian Pumpkin seeds do not have a seed shell – they have a smooth, dark green skin. Other varieties of pumpkin seed have a hard, fibrous husk or outer shell, which must be removed to reveal the kernel or inner seed. Because of this, Styrian Pumpkin seeds are often confused with “pepitas”, which is simply the kernel of a common pumpkin seed. The “naked” seeds of the Styrian Pumpkin are easier to eat and process.
Styrian pumpkin seeds don’t just taste great they are a healthy protein option too. Choosing these raw, organic, darkly colored pumpkin seeds will offer more nutrients than other varieties that are salted, roasted or sprayed with pesticides. This is why choosing our ORGANIC Pumpkin Seeds is a great decision!
Often described as a “Superfood”, Styrian pumpkin seeds are packed full of nutrients. As well as having a wonderful ‘healthy green’ nutty flavour, these dark green pumpkin seeds provide a range of health benefits. They are one of the best sources of plant-based omega-3s plus they contain a wide variety of nutrients ranging from magnesium and manganese to copper, protein and zinc. Styrian pumpkin seeds are nutritional powerhouses wrapped up in a very small package. They also contain phytosterols and free-radical scavenging antioxidants. One handful will give you:
- a protein boost – they supply a well-balanced form of all the essential amino acids which are very nourishing, energising and easily digestible.
- iron and phosphorus: promote healthy blood development and efficient nerve and mental activity.
- magnesium – necessary for muscle relaxation
- zinc – known for its many functions in the body including the healing and maintenance of tissues, enhancing the immune system.
- antioxidant vitamins A & E – protects cells from free radical damage and aids the body to grow, maintain and heal.
- B group vitamins – needed to process protein, carbohydrates and fats.
- essential fatty acids contained in the oil which make up to 45 – 50% of the total seed
In addition, they are the only seed that is alkaline-forming in this world of highly acidic diets.
- Add pumpkin seeds to your list of foods rich in protein. 100 grams of seeds on a daily basis provide 54 percent of the daily requirement in terms of protein.
- Most of us pop pills to replenish deficiency of vitamin B-complex, try pumpkin seeds next time. Pumpkin seeds are a good source for vitamin B like thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6 and folates.
- For those who are down in the dumps, pumpkin seeds can help fight through depression. The chemical component L-tryptophan is the secret ingredient to boost your mood.
- Did you know that pumpkin seeds can prevent kidney stones? Studies suggest that pumpkin seeds can help prevent certain kidney stone formations like calcium oxalate kidney stone.
- Pumpkin seeds even hold the secret to fighting parasites, especially tapeworms.
Pumpkin seeds are cholesterol-free! They can be added to many meals, for example:
- Add Styrian pumpkin seeds to roasted or sautéed vegetables.
- Sprinkle Styrian pumpkin seeds on top of mixed green salads.
- Grind Styrian pumpkin seeds with fresh garlic, parsley and coriander leaves. Mix with olive oil and lemon juice for a tasty salad dressing.
- Add roughly chopped Styrian pumpkin seeds to your favourite cereal.
- Add Styrian pumpkin seeds to your muesli, health bar or muesli cookie recipes.
- Sprinkle Styrian pumpkin seeds with a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil over a dish of pumpkin that has been roasted in our delicious Pumpkin Seed Lard – OH YUM!
Learn more about the Nutritional Value of Pumpkin Seed Products >
For this recipe, please visit our Recipes page >
Available in Australia to buy online from our secure online shopping cart via NTP Health Products.